Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MR. DEMILLE, I’M READY FOR MY CLOSEUP


James Lipton uses these questions for his guests on “Inside the Actor’s Studio,” a show to which we are devoted I figured answering these was going to be a cinch, piece of cake … only to discover it isn’t quite as simple as it looks. Drat! Thought I could just pull this out of my hat when realized I have no hat.
Try them yourself. It's interesting to see what you'll come up with.
1) What is your favorite word?
Ephemeral.
2) What is your least favorite word?
Nazi. For every reason you can imagine.
3) What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Conversation. Discussion. Dialogue. Ideas.
4) What turns you off?
Bigotry. Ignorance. Narrow-mindedness. Self-righteousness.
5) What is your favorite curse word?
FUCK (So solid and earthy!)
6) What sound or noise do you love?
The crunching of leaves under my feet in the fall.
7) What sound or noise do you hate?
The yelp of a dog in pain.
8) What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I wouldn’t. I’ve never wanted to be anything but a writer. I don’t have a second choice.
9) What profession would you not like to do?
Accountant. All those numbers! Yikes!
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
You can stop worrying now.

1 comment:

Susan Sitze said...

Ephemeral, love the way that rolls around the mouth. I might have to steal this for a future post. I'll have to do some thinking about some of them first though.

Post a Comment